Saturday, June 11, 2011

Toliver and Bubbs, the Introduction

Shannon and I took a drive to Lincoln last night to pick up Toliver and take him to dinner.  After we picked him up and he said he wanted Burger King for dinner, (that wasn't happening,) we drove down O street and parked to look on the Smartphone for somewhere to eat when I looked up and saw one of everyone in the car's favorite things;
Bar B Que
We ate at Parker's Smokehouse.  My mouth began to water as soon as the smoke hit my nostrils.  There was a bit of a wait but I knew it would be worth it.  As we waited Toliver sat on my lap and we talked.  Shannon found out over the course of the evening that Toliver is my Mini-Me.  Even down to him saying something that I say all the time.  "I'm always right."

     When Shannon left for the bathroom I asked him what he thought.
     "She's awesome."
     "What makes you say that?" I probed further.
     "She's funny."
I can't argue with that.  Another one of the reasons I love my Bubbs.  Now we get to look forward to the reunion and 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment